A fabric of particular resilience and flexibility,
a “net” whose strands are neither knotted nor crossed:
the Jakob® Webnet is a construction based on stainless steel
wire ropes that lie parallel in pairs connected and reciprocally
curved by offset sleeves.
The net construction can be pulled apart like an accordion,
producing a spring force that varies depending on the mesh
aperture and wire-rope thickness
1 / 4
The Jakob® Webnet is a vibrant,
the mesh aperture (variable, from very tight to very wide), the wirerope
diameter (1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm,and 3.0 mm), and the choice
of wire rope or stranded wire determine functionality and aesthetics.
Most Jakob® Webnet components
are made from the AISI 316 material group.
2 / 4
Webnet test frame for the determination
of the force/elongation diagrams
The frame is used to determine the elongation of
the Webnet in the height (H) and width (W) directions
when exposed to different stretching forces.
The insights form the basis of dimensioning and
configuring the Webnet and the periphery structure.
3 / 4
The Jakob® Webnet was tested pursuant to EN 1263-1 for its static and dynamic load-bearing capacity.
• Webnet size: length 7 m × width 5 m
• Webnet rope Ø 3.0 mm, mesh aperture 60 and 100 mm (horizontal and vertical meshes)
• Webnet rope Ø 2.0 mm, mesh aperture 60 and 100 mm (horizontal and vertical meshes)
• Ssuspension rope Ø 10.0 mm
• test object: 500-mm steel sphere, mass 100 kg
• drop height of test object: 7 m
4 / 4